This creamy apple cider dressing recipe is a simple dressing and easy to make with tangy apple cider vinegar, creamy Greek yogurt, a blend of flavorful spices and apple cider. It's the perfect combination of sweet and savory.
Making your own homemade dressing is easy and tastes much better than store-bought dressings, and this delicious dressing is versatile! Its sweet and tangy flavor pairs perfectly with a wide range of salads. From crisp greens to juicy fruits and crunchy nuts. I like to change up this field greens salad and use this dressing on it. You can also add more yogurt and use this dressing as a veggie dip.
🤍Why you will love this recipe
- This dressing is the perfect combination of sweet and tangy that's both refreshing and satisfying.
- It's a simple recipe made with wholesome and simple ingredients.
- It's versatile! This dressing can be used in a variety of ways, from salad dressing, dips to drizzling over roasted veggies.
Here is what you will need
This is an overview of the ingredients and steps to make this creamy vinaigrette recipe; scroll down for a printable recipe card with exact measurements and detailed instructions.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission if products are purchased through links at no additional charge to you.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Apple cider or honey
- Dijon mustard
- Garlic powder
- Mason jar or small bowl
How to make creamy apple cider vinaigrette dressing
STEP 1: Place all of the ingredients into a small bowl or mason jar whisk or shake to combine.
STEP 2: Store in teh refrigerator for up to five days.
Ingredient notes and substitutions
Greek yogurt - This adds a nice tang and creamy texture to this salad dressing. It can easily be substituted with an equal amount of sour cream or mayonnaise.
Dijon Mustard - I like to add mustard to my own homemade salad dressings to help emulsify the dressing and add a little bit of flavor. If you don't have Dijon mustard, you can substitute if with an equal amount of plain yellow mustard or mayonnaise.
Apple Cider Vinegar - One of the many benefits of making your own salad dressing is that you can choose the quality of ingredients. I like to use unfiltered apple cider vinegar such as Braggs apple cider vinegar, which should be available in your local grocery store.
If you prefer to use filtered apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar, or any of your favorite vinegars, that will work too.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - This is my preferred oil for salad dressings, but you can also use regular olive oil or avocado oil as well.
Apple Cider - This adds a nice touch of sweetness to the dressing and can be replaced with pure maple syrup or honey.
Another favorite way to enjoy this apple cider vinaigrette salad dressing is as a veggie dip or fruit dip. Gradually add more yogurt to thicken it and adjust the flavor with honey for a sweet dip.
Change up this popular broccoli salad and use apple cider salad dressing instead!
Here are a few variations of this salad dressing that offer a range of flavors from tangy and spicy to creamy and sweet.
Tangy Ranch-Style Dressing - add ½ teaspoon dried dill, ¼ teaspoon onion powder and salt and pepper to taste.
Lemon Herb Yogurt Dressing - Add some lemon zest or a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice with chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, dill and chives to taste.
Spicy Dressing - Stir in 1 to 2 finely chipotle peppers in adobo sauce for a smoky, spicy little extra punch of flavor.
How to store leftovers
Store leftover salad dressing in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Before serving, give the dressing a quick stir or shake to mix the ingredients together.
- Be sure to shake or blend the dressing well to ensure a smooth and well-emulsified salad dressing. You can also use an immersion blender or mini food processor to blend it too.
- Chill before serving. Allow your dressing to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes for the best flavor.
- Adjust the texture of the dressing by gradually adding oil or water to thin it out, or yogurt to thicken it.
Yes, you can easily make this dressing vegan by using your favorite plant-based yogurt.
Absolutely! You can easily scale up the ingredients to make a larger batch of dressing for large gatherings or parties.
You might also like these favorite recipes.
Do You like this recipe?
Please comment and give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐star rating below!
Creamy Apple Cider Dressing Recipe
- ⅛ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Place the ingredients ⅛ cup apple cider vinegar, ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon apple cider, 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder into a small jar or bowl and shake or mix thoroughly. You can also use an immersion blender.