This Costco Broccoli Salad is packed with flavor and healthy ingredients, making it a perfect summer dish. The crunchy broccoli perfectly pairs with salty bacon bits, sweet dried cranberries, while sunflower seeds add extra crunch.
Whether you are hosting a summer barbecue, attending a potluck or looking for a tasty side dish for your dinner, this salad will be your new go-to recipe. It's simple to prepare and the perfect make-ahead dish.
🤍Why you will love this recipe
- It's the perfect side dish that is filled with the perfect blend of flavors and textures!
- It's a healthy broccoli salad recipe and a great way to eat more broccoli which is rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
- Costco broccoli salad is an easy recipe that is versatile; see variations below.
Here is what you will need
This is an overview of the ingredients and steps to make this easy broccoli salad recipe; scroll down for a printable recipe card with exact measurements and detailed instructions.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission if products are purchased through links at no additional charge to you.
How to make Costco broccoli salad
Prepare the ingredients: Clean and chop the broccoli into small pieces. Cook the bacon and crumble it, chop the onions.
Make the homemade dressing: Whisk together the vinegar, mayonnaise and yogurt.
STEP 1: Place broccoli, onions, dried cranberries, shredded cheese, and sunflower seeds into a large bowl.
STEP 2: Pour the dressing over the top of the salad. Gently toss to combine and serve.
Ingredient notes and substitutions
Dried cranberries - These add a sweet flavor to this salad, and can easily be replaced with an equal amount of raisins.
Sunflower seeds - Adding seeds enhances the texture and adds a nice crunch. Sunflower seeds can be substituted with an equal amount of pumpkin seeds, poppy seeds or sesame seeds.
Onion - Any variety of onions will work; I like to use sweet onion or red onion to add a little color to the salad.
Greek yogurt - Adds a little bit of a tangy flavor to the salad as well as extra protein. It can easily be swapped with sour cream or mayonnaise.
Cheddar cheese - Cheddar adds a little bite to the salad, and can be swapped with an equal amount your favorite cheese such as mozzarella cheese, feta cheese, parmesan cheese or blue cheese.
This salad is delicious as a side salad with any of your favorite summer recipes, such as grilled seafood, burgers, chicken or pork.
One of the great things about salads is their versatility. Here are some variations to inspire experimenting with different flavor profiles. Enjoy creating something new!
Make it a full meal - Make broccoli salad a full meal with a boost the protein content by adding grilled chicken, or shrimp.
Creamy ranch broccoli salad - Replace the dressing with your favorite ranch dressing.
Broccoli slaw salad - Replace the broccoli florets with broccoli slaw, which is made from broccoli stems for a unique twist on this copycat costco broccoli salad.
Make it vegetarian - Skip the bacon or use vegetarian bacon.
How to store leftover salad
This delicious salad tastes even better the next day, so don't be afraid of leftovers. Broccoli salad can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Add a little mayonnaise or Greek yogurt if it seems dry.
- If you don't like the texture of raw broccoli, lightly boil the florets for a minute or two to soften them.
- To prevent over dressing, gradually add dressing and toss. Add more as necessary.
- If you plan to have leftovers, set aside a small amount of dressing to use on the leftover broccoli salad.
- Shortcut tip! Use pre-washed and cut broccoli florets that are available in most grocery stores.
Absolutely! In fact, this salad tastes much better after the flavors have had a chance to meld together. You can prepare this salad a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator.
While fresh is best, you can use frozen broccoli. Boil the frozen florets for a minute or two, and thoroughly dry and cool before adding to the salad. Keep in mind that the flavor of frozen broccoli will have ai different flavor and texture than fresh.
You might also like these favirote recipes
Do You like this recipe?
Please comment and give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐star rating below!
Costco Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- ¼ cup Onion Chopped
- ¼ cup Sunflower Seeds
- ¼ cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 2 slices Cooked Bacon Crumbled
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 ½ tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Prepare the ingredients: Clean and chop the broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Cook the bacon and crumble it, chop the onions.
- Mix the dressing ingredients ( ¼ cup Mayonnaise, ¼ cup Greek Yogurt, 1 ½ tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar) together in a small bowl or jar.
- Place 2 cups Broccoli Florets, ¼ cup Onion, ¼ cup Sunflower Seeds, ¼ cup Cheddar Cheese. 2 slices Cooked Bacon into a mixing bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients, and stir to combine.