These stuffed mushrooms are created using easy-to-find ingredients and taste like Cheesecake Factory Stuffed Mushrooms recipe. The rich, earthy flavor of the mushrooms has pairs perfectly with the mixture of buttery bread crumbs and cheese. They make for a delicious appetizer.
Easily recreate your favorite appetizer at home with just a few simple ingredients. This recipe is easy to make and sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
🤍Why you will love this recipe
- Flavor! The blend of ingredients creates a delightful combination of flavors.
- Easy! It's an easy recipe that is quick to prepare with a few simple steps.
- Stuffed mushrooms are the perfect party finger food that can be made beforehand.
Here is what you will need
This is an overview of the ingredients and steps to make this stuffed mushroom recipe; scroll down for a printable recipe card with exact measurements and detailed instructions.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission if products are purchased through links at no additional charge to you.
- Bread crumbs
- Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
- White wine
- Large Skillet
- Baking dish or sheet pan
How to make this Cheesecake Factory Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
Prepare the ingredients: Wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp paper towel or cloth, chop the onions, garlic and measure the ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
STEP 1: Remove the stems from the mushroom caps. Use a sharp knife or food processor to chop the mushroom stems.
STEP 2: Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium high heat. Once the butter has melted reduce to medium heat and add the diced mushrooms, garlic, and onions. Cook until they begin to soften.
STEP 3: Combine breadcrumbs, wine, Italian seasoning and cheese. Cook for a few minutes until the wine has been absorbed and the cheese has melted.
STEP 4: Use a spoon to stuff each mushroom cap, place them in a single layer onto a baking sheet or baking dish and place them into a preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese melts and the mushrooms release some water in the pan.
Ingredient notes and substitutions
Mushrooms - I like to use baby bella mushrooms (cremini mushrooms) when I make stuffed mushrooms.
You can also use different types of mushrooms such as white button mushrooms and even portobello mushrooms for larger-sized stuffed mushrooms.
Onions - Green onions are mild in flavor and are perfect for making stuffed mushrooms. If they aren't available, you can use sweet onions.
Garlic - Fresh garlic always tastes better, but if it's not available, you can substitute it with ½ teaspoon of garlic powder.
White wine - Any variety of white wine, I like to use Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, or Sauvignon Blanc. White wine can also be substituted with an equal amount of red wine.
These are great appetizers to serve with a cheese board and don't forget your favorite beverage of choice like this grapefruit gin fizz.
Serve your stuffed mushrooms with a dipping sauce such as balsamic or marinara sauce.
Stuffed mushrooms are also a great side dish served with grilled steak.
This recipe as with many recipes is so versatile! You can tailor it to your taste by adding different ingredients. Here are some suggestions to get you started, but feel free to experiment and see what you come up with!
Spinach and feta stuffed mushrooms - Add a handful of chopped spinach and a splash of lemon juice to the breadcrumbs in the skillet and instead of parmesan cheese, use feta cheese crumbles.
Sun-dried tomatoes - Mix chopped sun-dried tomatoes into the stuffing mix and top the mushrooms with shredded mozzarella cheese
Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms - Replace the butter with olive oil and the cheese with your favorite vegan cheese or nutritional yeast.
Vegetable Stuffed Mushrooms - Add a few tablespoons of chopped green pepper, red pepper or zucchini to the stuffing mixture.
Alcohol-Free Stuffed Mushrooms - Replace the wine with equal vegetable or chicken broth.
How to store leftovers
Store leftover mushrooms in an airtight container for up four days. Reheat leftover mushrooms in the oven at 350 degrees f, or in the microwave.
- Don't overstuff the mushrooms! While it might be tempting to pack in the filling, leave some room to allow the filling to expand during baking.
- Press the filling down as you stuff the mushrooms to prevent the stuffing from falling out.
- For easy clean-up, use parchment paper to line the baking sheet. It will also prevent the mushrooms from sticking to the pan.
- Use panko breadcrumbs for best results they add a nice texture to the stuffing mixture.
Yes, you can prepare stuffed mushrooms ahead of time for later use. After assembling the mushrooms with stuffing, place them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days. When you are ready to serve them, remove them from the fridge and allow to sit until they reach room temperature. Add a little bit of cheese on the top and bake them.
It is not recommended to freeze stuffed mushrooms due to their high water content. Once thawed out, they may become mushy.
You might also like these favorite recipes
Do You like this recipe?
Please comment and give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐star rating below!
- 9 Mushrooms approximately 8 ounces
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 Green onion diced
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup Bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- ¼ cup White wine
- Prepare the ingredients: Wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp cloth or paper towel. Chop the onions, garlic and measure the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Remove the stems from 9 Mushrooms. Dice the stems or pulse them in a food processor.
- Melt 1 tablespoon Butter in a skillet over medium heat. Once the butter has melted add the chopped mushroom stems, 1 Green onion, chopped, and 1 clove Garlic, chopped. Cook until they begin to soften (3 to 5 minutes).
- Stir in ½ cup Parmesan Cheese1 teaspoon Italian seasoning and ½ cup Bread crumbs.
- Add ¼ cup White wine and reduce the heat to low. Cook for a few mintues until the wine is absorbed and the cheese melts.
- Use a spoon to stuff each mushroom cap and top with a little bit of parmesan cheese.
- Arrange the stuffed mushrooms on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until you see a little bit of liquid released from the mushrooms.