3 Ingredient artichoke dip is made with just a few simple ingredients and packed with flavor. It's the perfect party appetizer for your next party or family gathering, and it is also an excellent idea for a tasty snack!
If you are looking for an easy recipe for dip that everyone will love, this hot artichoke dip recipe is going to be your go-to appetizer. Even though it's made with just three ingredients, this dip is creamy and can be made in minutes; truly an easy appetizer.
🤍Why you will love this recipe
- It's a healthier option made with cottage cheese instead of mayonnaise.
- It's creamy and flavorful! Whipping the cottage cheese helps to make this creamy dip velvety to complement the savory artichokes.
- This delicious artichoke dip is versatile! See ideas for variations below.
Here is what you will need to make 3-ingredient artichoke dip
This is an overview of the ingredients and steps to make this delicious recipe scroll down for a printable recipe card with exact measurements and detailed instructions.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission if products are purchased through links at no additional charge to you.
- Cottage cheese
- Artichoke hearts (canned or frozen)
- Parmesan cheese
- Food Processor
How to make simple baked artichoke dip
Prepare the ingredients: Drain and rinse the artichoke hearts and roughly chop them. If you are using frozen artichokes, thaw them out. Shred the parmesan cheese.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees f.
STEP 1: Place the cottage cheese in a food processor or blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
STEP 2: Place the pureed cottage cheese into a mixing bowl with ½ cup shredded cheese and chopped artichokes; stir to combine.
STEP 3: Turn the dip mixture into an oven-proof baking dish and top with the remaining shredded cheese. Place the dip into the preheated oven (375 degrees F) and bake for 25 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
Ingredient notes and substitutions
The complete list of basic ingredients to make this great dip is above. Below are notes about some of the ingredients, along with ideas for substitutes.
Cottage cheese - This recipe is typically made with mayonnaise and sour cream or yogurt. I like adding cottage cheese because it's creamy and a good source of protein.
You can replace the cottage cheese with 1 cup of mayonnaise or ½ cup mayonnaise and ½ cup sour cream, Greek yogurt, or cream cheese.
Parmesan cheese - I like parmesan cheese because it adds a nice salty flavor to complement the artichokes. It can be replaced with an equal amount of mozzarella cheese or provolone cheese.
This cheesy artichoke dip is going to be your new favorite appetizer, it's the perfect companion for tortilla chips, pita chips, bagel chips, baguette slices, raw vegetables or pair it with cheese and ranch dip on a charcuterie board along with fig and goat cheese crostini.
Try experimenting with different herbs, spices and ingredients to change this dip up. Here are a few suggestions.
Garlic and herb - add 2 cloves minced garlic or a half teaspoon garlic powder and a handful of fresh herbs for added flavor.
Spinach - Add a cup of frozen, thawed and dried chopped spinach.
Roasted pepper - Stir in a half cup of chopped roasted red peppers for a smokey flavor.
Sun-dried tomato and basil - Add ¼ cup chopped sundried tomatoes and 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or a half teaspoon of dried basil.
Spicy - add a touch of heat with a dash or two of hot sauce or red pepper flakes.
How to store leftover dip
Leftover artichoke dip can be stored for 3 to 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Leftover dip can be reheated in an oven at 350 degrees f or in the microwave.
- This dip is chunky; if you prefer a smoother dip, pulse or blend the dip in a food processor rather than mixing with a spoon.
- If time allows, refrigerate the dip for at least an hour before serving to allow the flavors to blend together.
- The dip may be a bit watery when it comes out of the oven. You can drain it off to remove the excess liquid or let it sit for a few minutes to cool off, which will also help for the moisture to absorb.
Yes, you can prepare this dip up to a day ahead of time, and store it in the refrigerator. In fact, it will taste better if you make it ahead of time to allow for the flavors to blend together. When it's time to serve,bring the cold dip to room temperature and bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
Yes, you can serve this dip cold without baking it, or you can bake it and serve it at room temperature.
You might also like these favorite appetizer recipes
Do You like this recipe?
Please comment and give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐star rating below!
Three Ingredient Artichoke Dip
- 1 can Artichokes or 1 ½ cups frozen and thawed
- 1 cup Cottage Cheese
- ¾ cup Pamesan Cheese Grated
- Drain and rinse 1 can Artichokes , or defrost frozen. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees f. Shred ¾ cup Pamesan Cheese.
- Place 1 cup Cottage Cheese into the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place the artichokes, ½ cup of Parmesan cheese, and the cottage cheese into a small mixing bowl. Use a fork or wooden spoon to combine the ingredients.
- Spread the dip into a small oven proof baking dish and top with the remaining ¼ cup of cheese.
- Place the dip into a preheated oven and bake until golden brown and bubbly - about 25 minutes.