This 3 ingredient beer cheese dip is made with just a few simple ingredients! In just a few minutes, you can whip up this delicious appetizer that pairs perfectly with crackers, tortilla chips, soft pretzels, hard pretzels or veggies.
This creamy dip is so easy to make that there is no need to wait until you are entertaining or game day! It comes together quickly in one pan and has so many uses, from a dip to a topping on burgers or sandwiches. It will soon become you new favorite dip.
🤍Why you will love this recipe
- Even though it's made with just a few simple ingredients, you will love the rich and creamy texture of the dip.
- It's an easy dip to make that can be put together in minutes.
- Beer cheese dip is versatile! Add a few more ingredients to change the flavor of this simple dip. See suggestions below.
Here is what you will need
This overviews the ingredients and steps to make this easy dip; scroll down for a printable recipe card with exact measurements and detailed instructions.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission if products are purchased through links at no additional charge to you.
- Cheddar Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Cheese grater
How to make this 3 ingredient beer cheese recipe
Prepare the ingredients: Shred the cheese, and bring the beer and cream cheese to room temperature.
STEP 1: heat the beer in a saucepan over medium heat
STEP 2: . Once the beer is warm, add the cream cheese. Stir occasionally until the cream cheese softens.
STEP 3: Reduce to medium-low heat, stir in the shredded cheddar cheese and stir until smooth. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the dip has thickened to a texture you like.
Ingredient notes and substitutions
Beer - Even though you can use any type of beer to make this homemade beer cheese dip, I find that the best beer is a milder flavored beer, such as a pilsner is a favorite beer option. You can try dark beers if you prefer a more substantial beer flavor.
Cheese - I like to use good quality sharp cheddar cheese, when I make this dip. You can also you another kind of cheese to change the flavor such as Swiss cheese, Gruyere cheese, or whatever your favorite cheese is for cheesy dips.
Beer cheese dip has so many uses beyond dipping. It can be poured over nacho chips, your favorite burger, veggies, baked potato or pasta.
It also tastes great with the typical dippers such as soft pretzels, pretzel bites, chips, or fresh veggies such as celery and carrot sticks.
With only three ingredients, this delicious dip is a blank slate to add even more flavor. Here are some suggestions.
Bacon - Add 2 strips of crumbled bacon for a smokey, savory flavor.
Jalapeno cheese dip - Mix in diced jalapenos or a dash of cayenne pepper for a spicy kick.
Buffalo sauce - Add a few tablespoons of buffalo sauce, such as Frank's, and combine blue and cheddar cheese.
Pesto - Add a spoonful of pesto sauce to infuse a burst of basil and parmesan flavors.
Roasted pepper - Blend in chopped roasted peppers for a smoky and slightly sweet twist.
Herb and garlic - Mix in ½ teaspoon garlic powder, and herbs such as chives, parsley or thyme.
Caramelized onion - Saute thinly sliced onions until caramelized and add them to the dip with a dash or two or Worcestershire sauce for a savor beer cheese dip.
How to store leftovers
Leftover beer cheese dip can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Reheat it in the microwave or on top of the stove.
You can also freeze room temperature leftover dip in an airtight container for 1 to 2 months. Defrost it in the refrigerator overnight and reheat as directed above.
Yes, this is a good dip to make ahead of time a day or two ahead of time.
Heat it when it's time to serve. For best results, reheat it on top of the stove and stir occasionally.
You can make this recipe non-alcoholic with a non-alcoholic beer or an equal amount of milk. Please note the flavor may be different.
- Use freshly grated cheese to make this dip. Pre-packaged cheese contains anti-caking agents that can affect the texture and will not melt as smoothly.
- Allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature before making the dip.
- Keep the dip warm and serve it in a mini crock pot or a slow cooker for a larger portion of dip.
- To quickly thicken the dip, whisk in a teaspoon or two to thicken it.
You might also like these easy recipes
Do You like this recipe?
Please comment and give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐star rating below!
Three Ingredient Beer Cheese Dip
- 1 cup beer pilsner
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- Heat 1 cup beer in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the beer is warm add 4 ounces cream cheese. Stir occasionally until the cream cheese melts into the beer.
- Add 4 ounces cheddar cheese; stir occasionally over medium-low heat until the cheese has melted.
- At this point the dip will be a bit watery. Reduce the heat to low heat and simmer for about 30 minutes until it thickens, or you can stir in a teaspoon or two of flour to thicken it quickly