This whipped feta and cranberry dip is the perfect combination of tangy feta cheese and sweet, tart cranberries. It's easy to prepare with just a few simple ingredients and tastes great with crackers, pita chips or fresh veggies.
This flavorful whipped feta dip is a festive appetizer perfect for any occasion. Whether you are hosting a party this holiday season, or just a casual family get-together, everyone will enjoy this delicious appetizer.
🤍Why you will love this recipe
- It's an easy recipe to make with simple, easily accessible ingredients.
- Versatile! This dip is versatile, in addition to a dip you can spread it on sandwiches or as a topping for grilled meat, roasted vegetables or a tasty twist on pasta.
Here is what you will need
This is an overview of the ingredients and steps to make this easy recipe; scroll down for a printable recipe card with exact measurements and detailed instructions.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission if products are purchased through links at no additional charge to you.
How to make this cranberry feta cheese dip recipe
STEP 1: Place the almonds into the bowl of a food processor or high-speed blender and pulse until they're coarsely chopped. Remove the almonds and set them aside.
STEP 2: Wipe the food processor bowl and add the feta cheese, cream cheese, thyme and orange juice. Blend until creamy.
STEP 3: Add the chopped almonds and dried cranberries. Pulse a few times until they are blended into the cheese.
Ingredient notes and substitutions
Feta cheese - For the best results, use a block of feta cheese in brine rather than the feta crumbles. The brine will help to preserve the cheese.
Cream cheese - Use regular cream cheese in a block rather than whipped cream cheese. Cream cheese can be substituted with an equal amount of Greek yogurt for a healthier version.
Serve this tasty dip with crackers, or veggies as an appetizer or snack. It also tastes great on spread on a turkey sandwich, or make a light and tasty meal and serve it with veggies and a large arugula salad.
Herb infused - Add a touch of fresh herbs such as rosemary or basil in addition to thyme for an extra layer of flavor.
Spicy - Blend in a pinch of cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes or a finely diced jalapeno pepper for a spicy dimension.
Balsamic reduction - Add a drizzle of balsamic reduction to the dip just before serving to add a tangy flavor.
Roasted peppers - Blend in a strip of roasted red pepper for a smoky flavor.
How to store leftovers
Store leftover whipped feta cheese dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
It is not recommended to freeze this dip. Freezing can cause separation in the texture.
You can use fresh cranberries, but they would need to be cooked with water and sugar to take some of the tartness away.
- Allow both the feta cheese and cream cheese reach room temperature before blending it which will result in a creamy texture.
- If time allows, chill the dip for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
You might also like these dip recipes
Do You like this recipe?
Please comment and give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐star rating below!
Whipped Feta & Cranberry Dip
- 4 ounces Feta cheese in brine
- 4 ounces Cream cheese
- ½ cup Dried cranberries
- ¼ cup Toasted almonds chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Orange juice
- 1 sprig Fresh Thyme Optional
- Place ¼ cup Toasted almonds into a food processor and pulse 3 to 4 times until they are coarsely chopped. Set them aside.
- Wipe out the food processor with a damp towel and add 4 ounces Feta cheese, 4 ounces Cream cheese, ¼ teaspoon Garlic powder, 1 tablespoon Orange juice, 1 sprig Fresh Thyme. Blend until the feta cheese and cream cheese are whipped to a smooth texture.
- Add ½ cup Dried cranberries and chopped almonds to the food processor; puls e a few times.